The 20 mysteries of the Rosary took place over a period of several years as shown below.
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES.
1. The Annunciation 25th. March in the year 1A.D.
2. The Visitation approx. 8 days later, then for a period of 3 months.
3. The Birth of Our Lord 25th. December in the year 1 A.D.
(There are some scholars who maintain that Christ's birth took place NOT in 1 A.D.,
but various dates from about 4 B.C. to 6 A.D. have been suggested. If you happen to
believe one of these other dates, simply add or subtract the required adjustment to the dates we quote.)
4. The Presentation in the Temple 2nd. February, in the year 2 A.D.
5. Finding in the Temple 3 days after Easter Monday in the year 12 A.D.
THE LUMINOUS MYSTERIES
(Introduced by Pope John Paul II on 16th. October 2002 in his "Rosarium Virginis Mariae")
1. Christ's baptism in the River Jordan, 29 AD
2. Wedding at Cana, Christ's first public miracle, 30 AD at the start of His three years of public ministry, one year to the day after His baptism in the Jordan.
3.Christ's proclamation of the Kingdom of God, and His call to conversion.Immediately after His baptism, He went into the desert for 40 days, and some time after that, I think still in the year 30 AD, He proclaimed that "the kingdom of God is at hand."
4. His Transfiguration on Mount Tabor, some two-and-a-half years after His baptism, and some time before that first Easter, so probably late 32 AD or early 33 AD.
5.Christ's institution of the Holy Mass - Holy Thursday in the year 33AD.
THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
1. The Agony in the Garden - Holy Thursday in the year 33 A.D.late evening
2. The Scourging at the Pillar Good Friday in the year 33 A.D.early to mid-morning
3. The Crowning with Thorns. Good Friday in the year 33 A.D.early to mid-morning
4. The Carrying of the Cross Good Friday in the year 33 A.D.mid-morning to midday
5. The Crucifixion Good Friday in the year 33 A.D. midday to 3.00 p.m.
Note - Easter Sunday is a movable feast, it takes place on the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after 21st. March (the "ides of March" -the northern hemisphere Spring Equinox).
I have found several references to the date of the first Good Friday being 25th. March, which would make the first Easter Sunday 27th. March. As I write this on Easter Sunday 2005, by coincidence, it is again 27th. March this year.
THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
1. The Resurrection Easter Sunday, in the year 33 A.D.
2. The Ascension 40 days later (used to be known as Ascension Thursday, but now celebrated on the nearest Sunday)
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit 10 days after the Ascension ( so 50 days after the Resurrection - hence "Pentecost", pente meaning 50)
4. The Assumption of Our Lady into Heaven, the third day after her death on 13th.August in the year 54A.D., therefore the 15th. August, which is the day the Church celebrates that Feast.
5. The Coronation , I don't know the date, but presume it to be the same day and time as her Assumption.